The standard inside the company is either a Dell XPS or a Macbook Pro. Currently my preferred one is the Dell XPS15 with 32 GB RAM running Linux. For the graphical designers a Macbook is preferred because of the good graphical apps like Sketch.
But any laptop with plenty of RAM, a good SSD and a decent keyboard is OK. Because a laptop should last for a couple of years, you should shoot for at least 16 GB of RAM, preferably for 32 GB. You might not need the 32 GB right now but in 2 years you will.
If you go for Macs, you should know that the keyboard on the Touchbar Macbook Pro sucks: not enough travel and no decent Esc key are showstoppers for developers. You need a pre Touchbar version.
If you are looking for a laptop in the Rs 60000 price bracket that is capable of handling programming tasks , office work and is also good for entertainment, then you have a number of options to look at.
Let me help you buy the.
1. Apple MacBook Air Core i5 5th Gen – (8 GB/128 GB SSD/Mac OS Sierra) MQD32HN/A A1466
For product details and user reviews,Grab this laptop at the best price of ₹56990 here
- Slim and light body
- Powerful performance
- Enormous battery backup
- Thunderbolt ports
- Lacks optical disk drive
Also ranked 1 in this listby people using this laptop
2. Acer Core i5 7th Gen – (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Linux) E5 – 575 Laptop
The best price I found online for this laptop at the time of writing this answer was ₹36990, check latest price here
- Genuine 1080p gaming performance
- Responsive keyboard
- Above average battery life
Also ranked 3 in this listby reviewers
3. Dell Vostro 3000 Core i5 7th Gen – (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Ubuntu/2 GB Graphics) 3568 Laptop
Grab this laptop at the lowest price of ₹40990. For product details and user reviews, go through
- Impressive keyboard; Loud speakers; Decent battery life
- Subpar performance; No full HD display; Cheap design